Create your own summer breeze:
Make this natural moisturizing body wash for a relaxing home spa day.
Moisture from coconut oil, invigorating antibacterial properties from honey, and a tangy touch of citrus make this body wash unique. You will have a home spa day with every shower when you use this honey-sweet, sunshine scented moisturizing body wash.
Honey Coconut Body Wash Recipe
To use, apply to damp skin in small, upward motions. Rinse well. Makes 16 ounces.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops chamomile essential oil
- 1 cup unscented liquid castile soap
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and put it on the stovetop over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Place coconut oil in the top and cover. Simmer until it’s melted, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. To preserve the beneficial botanicals, do not overheat. Remove from heat; take the top pan off the double boiler and wipe it dry with a towel.
- Put honey into a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, using a rubber spatula to get the remainder out of the pan. Whisk ingredients together for a minute, then add essential oils and whisk to blend.
- Finally, add castile soap, whisking gently to create a uniform liquid. Do not overwhisk, as this activates the soap bubbles.
- Carefully funnel mixture into a 16-ounce bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Label with contents and date; use within a year.
Need inspiration for cooking with honey? Check out our favorites below!
This delicious sauce is a must try, click the the link above to get the recipe!
Honey Cornbread Muffins
These are delectable and easily prepared, great accompaniment with soups and salads! Try swapping out frozen kernels for fresh for an even healthier alternative.
Chocolate Pudding Pops - Rich chocolate-yummy goodness!
Hope you enjoy!